2012/01/04

"Where The Wild Roses Grow" - nick cave


They call me The Wild Rose
But my name was Elisa Day
Why they call me it I do not know
For my name was Elisa Day

From the first day I saw her I knew she was the one
She stared in my eyes and smiled
For her lips were the colour of the roses
That grew down the river, all bloody and wild

When he knocked on my door and entered the room
My trembling subsided in his sure embrace
He would be my first man, and with a careful hand
He wiped at the tears that ran down my face

Chorus

On the second...

Due to copyright, we are allowed to show just a part of the lyrics. Complete lyrics are on lyrics.wikia.com
Nick Cave top songs:
Where The Wild Roses Grow
Black Betty (traditional...
Come Into My Sleep
Big Jesus - Trash - Can
Into My Arms
Blast Off
Christina The Astonishing
Babe, You Turn Me On
Do You Love Me? (part 2)
Avalanche
Capers
King Ink
All The Pretty Little Horses
Ciudad Protectora
The Weeping Song
Are You The One That I’ve...
Death Isn’t The End
Carry Me
Esclavos Del Domingo
500 Miles
Do You Love Me?
A Box For Black Paul
Death Is Not The End
Ain’t Gonna Rain Anymore
Despacio Pasa La Noche
Breathless
All The Pretty Little Horses...
Dull Day
Banks Of The Roses...
Crow Jane
Black Betty
Ho-ho
Sonny’s Burning
Kiss Me Black
Abattoir Blues
Dulce Dulce Dulce
Black Crow King
Brompton Oratory
Dumb Europe
City Of Refuge
Cindy
The Ship Song
Cassiel’s Song
Easy Money
Mercy
The Carnival Is Over
Cannibal’s Hymn
By The Time I Get To Phoenix
Deep In The Woods
Time Jesum Transeuntum Et Non...
Babe I Got You Bad
Darker With The Day
Black Hair
Long Black Veil
All Tomorrow’s Parties
Brother My Cup Is Empty
Blundertown
Cabin Fever
I Let Love In
Something’s Gotten Hold Of.