2012/02/03

"Lola" - kinks


I met her in a club down in old Soho
Where you drink champagne and it tastes just like cherry-cola [LP version: Coca-Cola]
See-oh-el-aye cola
She walked up to me and she asked me to dance
I asked her her name and in a dark brown voice she said Lola
El-oh-el-aye Lola la-la-la-la Lola

Well I'm not the world's most physical guy
But when she squeezed me tight she nearly broke my spine
Oh my Lola la-la-la-la Lola
Well I'm not dumb but I can't understand
Why she walked like a woman and talked like a man
Oh my Lola...

Due to copyright, we are allowed to show just a part of the lyrics. Complete lyrics are on lyrics.wikia.com
Kinks top songs:
Lola
You Really Got Me
Sunny Afternoon
Louie Louie
A Well Respected Man
Death Of A Clown
All Day And All Of The Night
Waterloo Sunset
Tired Of Waiting For You
Dandy
Set Me Free
Dedicated Follower Of Fashion
Apeman
Celluloid Heroes
Mr. Pleasant
A Rock ’n’ Roll Fantasy
Such A Shame
Cadillac
Where Have All The Good Times...
Heart Of Gold
I’m Not Like Everybody Else
Got To Be Free
Till The End Of The Day
20th Century Man
Dancing In The Street
Father Christmas
Shangri-la
Lazy Old Sun
Sitting On My Sofa
Nothing Lasts Forever
Don’t Forget To Dance
Long Tall Shorty
Rush Hour Blues
Good Day
I’ll Remember
Killer’s Eyes
Ev’rybody’s Gonna Be...
Alcohol
Live Life
Sitting In The Midday Sun
Acute Schizophrenia Paranoia...
Holiday
Autumn Almanac
Animal Farm
Holloway Jail
A Long Way From Home
Beautiful Delilah
End Of The Season
Destroyer
Schooldays
Afternoon Tea
Better Things
Animal
Love Me Till The Sun Shines
Attitude
Get Back In Line
Phobia
Education
Ladder Of Success
Brainwashed