2012/02/06

"The Weight" - the band



I pulled into Nazareth, I was feelin' about half past dead;
I just need some place where I can lay my head.
"Hey, mister, can you tell me where a man might find a bed?"
He just grinned and shook my hand, and "No!", was all he said.

(Chorus:)
Take a load off Annie, take a load for free;
Take a load off Annie, And (and) (and) you can put the load right on me.

I picked up my bag, I went lookin' for a place to hide;
When I saw Carmen and the Devil walkin' side by side.
I said, "Hey, Carmen, come on, let's go downtown."
She said, "I gotta go, but m'friend can stick around."

(Chorus)

Go down, Miss Moses, there's nothin' you can say
It's just ol' Luke, and Luke's waitin' on the Judgement Day.
"Well, Luke, my friend, what about young Anna Lee?"
He said, "Do me a favor, son, woncha stay an' keep Anna Lee company?"

(Chorus)

Crazy Chester followed me, and he caught me in the fog.
He said, "I will fix your rags, if you'll take Jack, my dog."
I said, "Wait a minute, Chester, you know I'm a peaceful man."
He said, "That's okay, boy, won't you feed him when you can."

(Chorus)

Catch a Cannonball, now, t'take me down the line
My bag is sinkin' low and I do believe it's time.
To get back to Miss Annie, you know she's the only one.
Who sent me here with her regards for everyone.

(Chorus)

Band top songs:
The Weight
He Don’t Love You
Forever Young
Mystery Train
The Last Waltz
Time To Kill
Acadian Driftwood
Davy’s On The Road Again
The Night They Drove Old...
Sip The Wine
Blind Willie Mctell
Evangeline
Goin’ To Acapulco
Up On Cripple Creek
Rag Mama Rag
Strawberry Wine
Stage Fright
Out Of The Blue
Broken Arrow
Ophelia
Amazon (river Of Dreams)
Shine A Light
The Promised Land
Showdown At Big Sky
Orange Juice Blues
Across The Great Divide
Slippin’ And A Slidin’
Hang Up My Rock’n Roll...
Somewhere Down The Crazy...
Chest Fever
Ring Your Bell
Rick
This Wheel’s On Fire
Whispering Pines
Tura-lura-lural (that’s An...
Tears Of Rage
Katie’s Been Gone
Sweet Fire Of Love
You Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere
Open The Door, Homer
Hobo Jungle
Ancestor Song
Street Walker
Shake It
Orange Juice Blues (blues For...
Shake This Town
Saved
W.s. Walcott Medicine Show
In A Station
Smoke Signal
The Lights
Take Your Partner By The Hand
Remedy
Twisted Hair
Stomp Dance (unity)
What About Now
Right As Rain
The Code Of Handsome Lake
Atlantic City
4% Pantomime