2011/12/17

"Caramel" - suzanne vega

It won't do
to dream of caramel,
to think of cinnamon
and long for you.

It won't do
to stir a deep desire,
to fan a hidden fire
that can never burn true.

I know your name,
I know your skin,
I know the way
these things begin;

But I don't know
how I would live with myself,
what I'd forgive of myself
if you don't go.

So goodbye,
sweet appetite,
no single bite
could satisfy...

I know your name,
I know your skin,
I know the way

Suzanne Vega top songs:
Luka
Book Of Dreams
Casual Match
Marlene On The Wall
As Girls Go
Calypso
Last Year’s Troubles
Cracking
My Favorite Plum
Tom’s Diner
Caramel
Room Off The Street
Gypsy
Ironbound/fancy Poultry
Night Vision
Fifty-fifty Chance
Blood Makes Noise
Birth-day (love Made Real)
Bad Wisdom
Machine Ballerina
The Queen & The Soldier
Freeze Tag
As A Child
Rock In This Pocket
(i’ll Never Be) Your Maggie...
Wooden Horse (caspar...
Lolita
In My Movie
The Marching Dream
Those Whole Girls (run In...
Big Space
Love Made Real
Language
If I Were A Weapon
Harbor Song
St Clare
Honeymoon Suite
Just Friends
Fat Man & Dancing Girl
In Liverpool
Penitent
Stockings
No Cheap Thrill
Men In A War
Pilgrimage
Predictions
Song Of Sand
Solitarie
World Before Colombus
Soap And Water
Priscilla
First Day Out
Song In Red And Grey
Headshots
In The Eye
Tombstone
Neighborhood Girls
Knight Moves
99.9f
Thin Man